Stellat'en Hodul'eh Bayah
We instill in our children a life time of learning, respect themselves, others, elders and the land.Learn More
Employment & Training
This program delivers locally designed and appropriate employment & training initiatives.Learn More
The Stellat’en First Nation manages a post secondary education program, which is funded by Indian and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC).Learn More
This program delivers locally designed and appropriate arts and crafts initiatives.Learn More
Stellat’en Hodul’eh Bayah
is located at 732 Meljaiya Road
Education Department Staff
Education/Employment & Training Manager
The Role of the Education Department
The Education Department offers education support to students living on-reserve and attending local schools, including
- Management of the education initiatives that relate specifically to Stellat’en First Nation members who are involved in the local public school system from kindergarten to grade 12, including post-secondary students.
- Educational and personal support to students and their families to ensure that learning outcomes are successful.
- Liaison between teachers, students and parents on educational and personal matters in local schools.
- Liaison with other governments and agencies regarding educational and tutoring needs for students attending local schools.
- Guidance and counseling to individuals who consider furthering their education.
- Promotion of academic and vocational education.
- Cultural awareness.
- Support for life-long learning.
Our Current List of Projects
Tutoring Services:The Education Department offers the following tutoring services:
- Tutoring services for Stellat’en First Nation students living on Stellaquo reserve and attending local schools from kindergarten to grade 12 with reading, writing and math
- a homework club for students in Stellat’en First Nation
- tutoring services for Stellat’en First Nation students within the post-secondary student support program