Education and Training
Education Department Staff
Education/Employment & Training Coordinator
The Role of the Education Department
Community Health The Education Department offers education support to students living on-reserve and attending local schools, including
- Management of the education initiatives that relate specifically to Stellat’en First Nation members who are involved in the local public school system from kindergarten to grade 12, including post-secondary students.
- Educational and personal support to students and their families to ensure that learning outcomes are successful.
- Liaison between teachers, students and parents on educational and personal matters in local schools.
- Liaison with other governments and agencies regarding educational and tutoring needs for students attending local schools.
- Guidance and counseling to individuals who consider furthering their education.
- Promotion of academic and vocational education.
- Cultural awareness.
- Support for life-long learning.
Our Current List of Projects
Tutoring Services:The Education Department offers the following tutoring services:
- Tutoring services for Stellat’en First Nation students living on Stellaquo reserve and attending local schools from kindergarten to grade 12 with reading, writing and math
- a homework club for students in Stellat’en First Nation
- tutoring services for Stellat’en First Nation students within the post-secondary student support program